Monday 16 November 2015

30-day Writing Challenge - Day 25

Four weird habits

1.  The correct way to eat a Mr Kiplings Fruit Pie (or Custard Tart or Mince Pie - or indeed any small pie with a lid [although I do realise custard tarts don't have lids]) is to nibble your way around the fringe, lever up and scoff the lid then lick the insides out and finally eat the empty pastry shell.  This is usually done in the privacy of my own home. Other people seem to think it pushes the boundaries of polite public behaviour.

2.  When I'm driving and the music is blaring, I have to turn it down to see better.

3.  I compulsively eat polos crunching them one after the other after the other but I won't eat the sugar free ones because they, according to urban myth, have a laxative-like side effect.

Wow - this is actually really hard.  Obviously I don't think that anything I do is weird so trying to think of 4 that I am prepared to share with the rest of you is quite tricksy.  My husband was no help at all, he said that my OCD was weird and pointless and it's my life which I took to mean my entire existence was pointless so there was a moment.  Once we cleared that up and I asked for an example he told me he thought it was idiotic I kept certain towels in certain places for certain reasons.  I merely responded with at least you always know where your towel is, something that I'm sure a lot of us would be extremely grateful for.

4.  Ok fine.  I have OCD in some odd parts of the house but struggle to actually do any cleaning.

*grumble grumble grumble*

Image result for mr kipling fruit pie

No comments:

Post a Comment