Monday 26 May 2014

Clean sheets day

I love clean sheets day.  It also happens to fall on housework day which I don't like so much but it is the reward for all the boring sweeping, dusting, mopping and chemicalling.  There is nothing like slipping into crisp, clean sheets - even though the duvet and pillows are the same, the mattress is the same, the whole bedroom is the same.  Fresh clean sheets lend a new sorta something to the boudoir.  Housework Mondays has a small upside.

I've figured out why it is so hard to blog.  I do have the occasional original thought and at times it sounds amazing in my head and I think to myself - ooooh must remember that one, it will be a corker.  Sometimes I even manage to construct sentences and paragraphs that dance with awesomeness.  But then something happens and the day runs past, I have to do this, that and the other so all thoughts fall out of my sieve head and fall through the cracks, never to be seen again.  The end of the day rolls round and I have time to sit, prepare my thoughts, crack out the blog and nothing, nada, zip.

That end of the day is where we have to fit in tv time, eating time, crafty time, dearly beloved time, sitting in a crumpled heap time, overlap of all jobs I didn't get done time, feeling guilty for everything I didn't do time, daily worry about baby boy time and last minute OMG I can't believe I forgot that time.  Thank goodness there is clean sheets to fall into.


No comments:

Post a Comment