Wednesday 18 May 2011

Flash!

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Saviour of the universe!

Which is extremely random unless you know the song, which most people of my generation do.  This got me thinking about the random associations we make with words and jingles and tunes and how they get incorporated into our day to day language.  And then that got me thinking about old adverts which I still remember the jingle/tag line for:

"You do the shake and vac and put the freshness back - do the shake and vac and put the freshness back!" - Beanz meanz Heinz - ad infitnitum *sigh*

Even now if I say "Bud" someone else will invariably say "weis" and the word reaches it's natural conclusion.  (It's "er" just in case you are an ingrate who never heard the advert).

The worst of it all is that I rarely watch TV these days and yet the jingles/comments remain to taunt from now until forever.  Everyone seems to have their favourite but it is peculiar how some stand out in time and others fade into forgetfulness.  Here is a small selection :) 







And last but not least

No comments:

Post a Comment