Wednesday 22 December 2010

Losing a loved one

When you spoke I listened, when you smiled I smiled, when you showed me the way I followed your guidance.  But now you are silent and there is nothing to say.

The light has left the room, reason escaped through the window, even you whisper why in your delirium as the world comes to an end.  Never again will you say your words, the ones that make you who you are - never again will you tell me what you think about my life - never again will you smile your mischievous smile and give me an extra roast potato.

They say that we cry for ourselves but these tears are for you as well, as you loose yourself in death and we are left behind trying to make sense of what is happening and trying to imagine what life will be like without you.  I can't breathe, I can't accept it, I don't want it to happen - please don't leave me, I'm not ready to loose you.  I, I, I, I, me, me, me but what about you?  You are the one who is fading, who is leaving, what about you?  Are you scared?  Let me hold your hand.  Let me talk to you about everything that was and things that will be.  Know that you will never be forgotten, we will never let go of you completely. 

Be brave.

I miss you.

I will see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment