Wednesday 22 September 2010

Running out of time

When you have a million million things to do it seems that time flies past you quicker than a speeding bullet and there is nothing you can do about it.  All that keeps happening are virtual lists rushing through your mind ticking over and over with all the things you got to do - and this - and that - and the other - and don't forget - you got to do this - and can you just - and you are just incapable of saying NO.



Anyone who knows me knows that I take on too much.  I always feel like I must be doing.  There is so much in life that interests me that I just cannot stick to one thing, I have to look and explore and see what else I can be doing.  Which naturally means that I am  mostly mediocre at many things and not that great at most of em!  But that busy feeling is like a drug, I need to feel under pressure and pushed and driven to achieve otherwise I feel like something is missing in my life.  Surround me with deadlines and I am a stressed out but happy little bunny.  If I am not multi-tasking trying to do at least 6 things at once then I am bored.  An ideal work environment for me is chatting in the office, answering emails, talking on MSN, flicking onto Facebook, watching a tv show and working at the same time.  Alot of people don't see how that can be productive but it really works for me.  I won't start anything until I am within at least a week of the deadline as I just don't feel pushed to do it.

Time can be a tricky little beastie tho - it can slow to a crawl and drag by when you want it to speed up.  It can run out the door when all you need is a little bit more.  Some of it is spent asleep which at times can be thought of as wasteful because who doesn't want those extra 6 hours in their lives?  But at the end of the day it boils down to what you do with your time and if you honestly feel it has been spent in the best possible way then who can argue with that?  But hey, if anyone has the answer - message me!!!  I'll take that extra time because after all... tick tock.

No comments:

Post a Comment