Tuesday 31 August 2010

With a little help from my friends....

It is amazing what you can get through when you have friends to lean on. 

This weekend I made the somewhat rash decision to re-decorate my room, a fairly straight forward concept you would think but believe me when I say - oh no, no no no.  It was knackering hard work for four straight days from sun up to sun down and my hands hurt so much today that my finger tips actually ache to type.

There was stripping, hoovering, hole filling, sealing, gluing, painting, wallpapering, trimming, painting, painting, painting and painting.  There were tears and despair and horror at what the room looked like from start to finish and utter despondancy when it was meant to be finished and the yet looked awful .... still.  I'm still waiting for it to dry and all I can say is please, please, please be ok.

So where do the friends come in?  They were on the phone, text and facebook giving advice and listening to me panic and they came in person to help.  Hand on heart I could not have done it without them, especially as they kept me smiling all weekend so thank you, thank you, thank you and I owe you!  Just no DIY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment